Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Evolution of Forever 21 Wikipedia article


To reiterate, I chose to edit the Forever 21 Wikipedia article because I worked there over winter break. I wanted to see what the Wikipedia community had to say about Forever 21. I found the article to be very interesting and very informative. I learned a few things by reading it. Also, the article was not too long so I knew I could find several things to add to it.

My first edit I just added other stores that are in the Forever 21 chain. Those are Heritage 1981 and Gadzooks. I did not add a lot at first because I was still getting used to Wikipedia and did not want to push the limit too far right away.

For the second edit to the Forever 21 articles I added a little about the history of the company. I explained where the first store was and how the size of the store and number of them increased dramatically.

The last edit was a little harder because I felt that the article contained all it really needed. I decided to add that you are able to shop online on the Forever 21 website. I thought this was a useful piece of information.

After looking at the history there have been many edits that were done in between mine. Most of them were by three different users. The others I guess did not log in and there were about four or five that only edited once. Thankfully none of the things I added were deleted. I guess I was right that my additions were helpful and useful to readers of this article. The article is still not very long, but I think it contains all the useful information that this article needs. If more was added I think it may get turned into an advertisement in which I will definitely be blogging about concerning my other Wikipedia article edit. I enjoyed editing this article. There was only one problem, when I would look on the official Forever 21 website for ideas on what I can add to the article I would get distracted by looking at the clothes. I think that will stay my favorite store for a long time. I was happy to be able to contribute to this article and hopefully more people will find the interest to make this article even better than it is now.

No comments: