Friday, April 27, 2007

Second Wikipedia Edit for MGIC

With my second Wikipedia edit to the MGIC article I chose to add more to the company's history as I did for my other Wikipedia articles. I added, "He was a real estate agent whose eyes were opened unto the troubles his clients had with paying for their new homes. They did not quite know how to save for the down payment. [[Max Karl]] believed that it would be better if there was a company that could insure the top part of the mortgage not all of it. Support from friends, family members, and executives led to MGIC's continuing success for almost over 50 years providing customers with low down payment loans." This is a very brief history, but I thought that that is all the article really needed. The history given on the website was also not too specific because it seemed like it was just a thought that turned into a great company. There was nothing too exciting about the process of how it came to be. Also, the company website probably did not add alot about the history because it wants to show off its products and the features and for this type of business the history does not have a huge impact if people will use their service or not. I still think that it may be interesting for people to know how it started so that is why I added it to the article.

No comments: